.1. On Monday, Ben got sworn in for the Indiana State Bar. We all went to the ceremony and had the pleasure of hearing various talks and roll calling and oath-taking and it was all very formal and court-like with lots of motions and may it please the court and things like that. Just like on TV.
2. Elsa, who just turned two, was a perfect angel at the ceremony. It was pretty amazing. She's also been really good at Mass lately, so hopefully her wild days are in past.
3. Except for when we went out to eat afterwards with my parents, and she spilled something on her dress and then proceeded to remove it in the middle of the restaurant. No modestly there yet!
4. On the drive home we saw a perfect Rainbow. I guess that made up for the fact that we had to walk several blocks in the rain through Indy to get from where we parked to the Convention Center. So we got both the rain clouds and the rainbows. We actually also saw a perfect rainbow on the way up, but I didn't get a shot of that one. So two rainbows in one day!
Then here, in Indiana, we deal with hard water so it stains EVERYTHING brown (including my teeth according to the dentist). The only way to get rid of it is to use that super harsh, lime/calcium/rust remover stuff. It's poison but it works, and nothing else does. I'm not about to use that on my teeth though...they can just stay yellow.
And let's not mention the carpet. Keeping the carpet clean is SUPER hard with kids that go in and outside all day. Yes, they do take their shoes off in the house, but of course that only helps if they actually put shoes ON to go outside. Walking inside with with the same bare feet you used to walk outside doesn't exactly keep the carpet clean. And, then there are the food spills and the potty-training toddler. Nasty carpet cleaner it is.
Anyone know natural alternative that WORK without lots of WORK on my part?
6. I am a homeschooling idiot because it took me 7 years of homeschooling to finally try Saxon Math and I LOVE it. It seems to be the perfect Math for us. So, now I can regret all those years we've struggled through Math U See or Math Mammoth because I was too stupid to try only THE MOST POPULAR HOMESCHOOING MATH PROGRAM ever. Doh'
7. Ben had a job interview on Wednesday. He really wants that job, so please pray for him. He was one of 5 candidates they interviewed and they said that they always hire lawyers right out of law school, so that is a good sign. We'll see what happens.
Have a great weekend and see Jen for more Quick Takes.